Glycolic Acid Products Australia
Find Salicylic and Glycolic Acid Products in Australia Here
Are you looking for salicylic or glycolic acid products in Australia? At Live Now Skincare, we stock these beneficial products and many more. When you shop for a skincare product that fights acne and helps keep your skin smooth and clear, you will find many options containing either glycolic acid, salicylic acid, or both. You might see these two ingredients in many different skincare products, such as an exfoliate cleanser or a serum for acne-prone skin. Glycolic acid and salicylic acid each have their unique strengths – and they can work even better together.
What You Should Know About Glycolic Acid vs Salicylic Acid
As mentioned, glycolic acid and salicylic acid are two very popular and beneficial skincare ingredients. You'll find them in many cleansers, serums and more. Both can help reduce acne and exfoliate your skin, but they are two different ingredients with their own properties. Here are a few things that you should know about both:
- Glycolic acid: Glycolic acid is what's known as an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid). It occurs in sugarcane naturally and is also synthesised in labs. Because glycolic acid is a very small molecule, it easily passes through your skin barrier. This ingredient is excellent for exfoliating the skin while retaining moisture. It can also reduce inflammation, and it offers some UV radiation protection as well. It can also help decrease the visibility of dark spots, sun damage, and wrinkles. Glycolic skin care is suitable for people struggling with acne, hyperpigmentation or visible signs of ageing.
- Live Now Skincare employs Salicylic acid: Unlike glycolic acid, salicylic acid is a BHA (beta hydroxy acid). You will find it in wintergreen leaves and willow bark, or it is made synthetically. Like glycolic acid, salicylic acid has exfoliating properties. It also helps to reduce excess oil and oil production, making it effective at unclogging pores. Salicylic acid also has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties and used to help treat and prevent acne. It also helps to control oily skin, reduce hyperpigmentation, and decrease acne. Salicylic acid wash and other products containing this ingredient are good choices for people with oily skin or skin prone to acne or hyperpigmentation. professionals for the manufacturing process to ensure you get the right balance of ingredients. An imbalance can do more damage than good, and we avoid this by gathering more research and trained professionals for the tasks.
Benefits of Glycolic Acid Wash
When you buy glycolic acid in Australia, you're buying an effective product proven to help with a range of skin issues, including acne, hyperpigmentation, dryness, and more. Here are a few of the most important benefits of using a glycolic cleanser:
- Fighting acne. Glycolic skin care products can help acne by removing the dead skin cells that can clog pores. This ingredient can reduce existing acne and peel away dead skin cells that may cause breakouts by clogging pores, thereby helping to keep your skin clear. Glycolic acid is a keratolytic, which can break up dead skin cells and open up clogged pores. This causes a peeling effect that reveals newer, smoother, younger-looking skin.
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Glycolic acid can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines by exfoliating the top layer of skin deeply. This exfoliating action helps accelerate the renewal of skin cells and, in turn, collagen production. It also aids the skin's natural hydration, which further helps prevent wrinkles and fine lines. Glycolic acid also exfoliates the skin by dissolving dead skin cells, which helps smooth the skin's surface, making wrinkles and fine lines less visible.
- Hydrating dry skin. Glycolic acid does more than just exfoliate – it also helps hydrate dry skin, giving it a plumper, smoother, and healthier appearance. Glycolic acid is a humectant, which means that it attracts water molecules. This property enables it to rejuvenate the skin with new moisture, improving its look and feel. Humectants can draw water from the air as well as from the deeper layers of skin itself. That means that if the air is very dry, the humectant can draw moisture from within your skin, causing it to rise to the surface and evaporate quickly. Therefore, to enjoy all the benefits of glycolic acid, you should pair it with a moisturiser.
Benefits of a Salicylic Acid Cleanser
A facial cleanser with salicylic acid is highly beneficial for your skin, like one containing glycolic acid. It will also make a good cleanser for sensitive skin because of the properties of this ingredient. Some of the top benefits of salicylic acid include:
- Exfoliation. Like glycolic acid, salicylic acid has exfoliating abilities. The build-up of dead skin cells causes a variety of unwanted skin issues. Salicylic acid can penetrate your pores, dissolve dead skin cells, and remove them to give your skin a cleaner and healthier appearance. It also helps to remove dirt, grime, and bacteria, keeping the pores free from irritants. This ability to exfoliate and purify the skin can improve the skin's appearance and overall health. Regularly exfoliating your skin regularly will help reduce acne and assist other skincare products, such as moisturisers, to penetrate more deeply.
- Help for acne. Salicylic acid is also a powerful weapon in the fight against acne. In particular, this ingredient can help you say goodbye to blackheads and whiteheads, especially around the nose and other areas of your face that might be prone to this type of acne. Because of its ability to break apart the attachments between dead skin cells and the outer layer of skin, it can also help prevent acne breakouts in addition to treating existing issues. Furthermore, salicylic acid can penetrate oily skin to clean it thoroughly and help you further avoid breakouts.
- Reduction of oily skin. If your skin tends to have many blemishes, it could be because of excess oil production. Oily skin is a common reason for acne because this oil can clog pores and interfere with the natural cycle of skin shedding. Excess oil on the skin's surface can also trap irritants and bacteria, further inflaming the skin. Salicylic acid can help break down these fatty compounds, addressing problems such as clogged pores and trouble shedding dead skin cells in a normal and healthy way. When you add a product containing salicylic acid to your skincare routine, you can help clear away excess oil and achieve healthier skin, especially when choosing a product that contains both salicylic acid and glycolic acid.
About Live Now Skincare
Live Now Skincare offers a wide range of skincare products, including facial cleansers, moisturisers, serums, sunscreens, and more. We keep up with the latest scientific advances and choose our products based on evidence so that you get the real results that you want. Our products are Australian-made, and we offer more serums than other suppliers, whose product lines tend to be heavy on powders that you have to mix with other products. We also focus on friendly, professional customer service and fast delivery. Our purpose is to help give you the confidence that you need to live your best life now. We are passionate about customer education and helping women feel great in their own skin, so we invite you to contact us any time with questions or concerns – we're always happy to help.